As a website or blog owner, it is no more news to you that you need to be consistently producing quality contents for your website or blog and it is also important you increase your website rankings because this plays a major role in the amount of traffic your site attracts. It is undeniable that almost everyone knows this fact because it is what is required of every website or blog owner. However, producing these regular contents is time-consuming, and you can be better off using such time to improve other aspects of your website. Also, many site owners still don’t know the SEO friendly ways to increase their website ranking. One of the major and popular ways to solve the outlined problems is Guest posting, but let’s first define the term guest posting for newbies.
[purchase_link id=”823″ style=”Click Here” color=”” text=”Dоwnlоаd Premium Affiliate Marketing еBооk Free.”]
WHAT IS GUEST POSTING?
Guest posting falls in two categories, firstly: Guest blogging means writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog, here you are the guest poster and your major aim is to send a link back to your website to boost traffic. Secondly: Guest posting also means asking some else (a guest) to write an article on your site for you to publish. Depending on which category you fall in, this article will deal with both sides equally. So, why would a website owner either guest post on another site or seek a guest poster for his site? Well, there are numerous benefits they get from doing this; few of the important ones are outlined below.
IMPORTANCE OF GUEST POSTING AS A WEBSITE OR BLOG OWNER
Guest posting helps build online relationships. Website owners need good content. So, being a good guest poster who adds value to someone else’s site, you’re going to build relationships with other website owners which will in turn add value to your site. It is an undeniable truth that bloggers make up the largest percentage of conversations happening on the internet, notably on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. So, making good friends with other bloggers on social media sites is an exceptional strategy because they could be influential in growing your online reputation by sharing your post on their different accounts to their audience.
Guest posting is search engines friendly. The main non-negotiable benefit you get from the guest post on another website or blog is the link to your own website or blog, which is inserted usually at the beginning or end of the post. These backlinks will raise the value of your website or blog to search engines over time. This will ultimately make your content easier to find via search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.
Guest posting introduces you to new people. The best part of guest posting is that it allows you to enter an already established community, and share your message. This allows you to establish a connection with new people, which will definitely benefit you if you follow the right procedures. If you’re contributing positively to the discussion, you’re sure to see that convert over time to more readers, fans, and followers. All you need to do is to add value to the thread discussion, be of positive help to people on the thread and be patient, with time you will grow your online reputation.
It helps develop your authority. How long does it take for a new blogger or website owner to build his or her authority and gain respect in his or her niche? I know you will have a contradicting answer but it surprisingly took the various site or blog owners a couple of few months because of the ultimate power of guest blogging. With guest blogging, you can easily get yourself associated with some of the respected bloggers in your niche by guest posting on their blogs which will, in turn, improve your online reputation.
Build your subscribers base. Aside from getting traffic alone, another great benefit of guest posting that you need to know is the ability to gain more subscribers in a day with just one exceptional quality guest post than you will gain in a whole month. Many people have testified to the fact that they gain over 200 subscribers in a single day with just one post, while some people hardly gain that in a whole month.
HOW TO GUEST POST AS THE GUEST
It is important to know the essential requirements to have as a guest poster before you journey into the world of guest posting. The following are the essential things to do before guest posting on any site.
- First, find Guest posting opportunities. There are many sites which accept guest post, but it is important to find the right source which will not only suit your niche but also give you the freedom to write in your own style. It is also important to note that most online sites don’t have a backlink option (they mostly have an author bio) so it is important to find the right source. The best way to find potential sites is by doing a Google search.
- Research post ideas. It is important to cross-check your host site to see if there are any guest post guidelines on the site. This will enlighten you on their openness to guest posting, what type of guest post they accept, the format, and submission conditions. Then you need to cross-check other similar posts on the site this will give you the idea of what to write on.
- Reach out to the site owners. Once you’re done with your research, your next step of action is contacting the site owner or editor. Look out for the contact details on the guest post guidelines or contact page. Try to be polite in your approach, highlight a specific previous post from their blog which you enjoyed or if you have once shared their content include a link to the content you shared.
- Create a quality post. Follow the important guest post guidelines outlined on the website. Don’t dare submit posts that you have previously published elsewhere. Give you all, don’t write a mediocre article make sure it is a hundred percent quality article. You should remember to include external links and reference sources to make your article more credible. Make the headline cool and catchy so it can fit perfectly to the target blog or website.
- Include your link back to your site. The major reason most people write a guest post is for the sole purpose of attaching the link back to their personal website but it is also important you follow the guidelines of the host website before inserting your link back. Most websites don’t have a link back option all they offer is an author’s bio, so if the situation doesn’t suit your goals you should look for another site which would offer you that.
- Promote your post. Finally, after the submission and publishing of your post, your next task is to do your enormous best to promote your post to garner lots of traffic and engagement. The best and most popular way to promote your guest post is through the medium of sharing with your connections on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Google+, Pinterest and Linkedin.
The important steps above are the most important tips on guest post on another site. Now what of you being the site owner and in need of a quality guest post how can you not fall a victim of spam and mediocre post? The following points would help you find the perfect guest poster as a website or blog owner.
HOW TO FIND GUEST POSTERS TO WRITE GUEST POSTS ON YOUR SITE
- Build an active community. On a serious note, writer would want to write for a website or blog which doesn’t have an active community. Having an active community simply means having active commentators, quality posts, and active people participating in your site. Many great bloggers blog for the sole purpose of fame, which comes with traffic and comments. So, as a blog owner without an active community, your site would love least appealing to guest bloggers. First, create an active community for your site. To achieve this you should start by commenting positively on other websites or blogs, by creating a good online relationship with readers on your own site then finally start building a community with your readers through the comment box on your site (you will definitely need that).
- Offer the link back option either within the article’s body or at the end. Most guest posters post for the main purpose of getting a link back to their own site. Most guest posting site only have an author’s bio box don’t let yours follow such procedure because it doesn’t appeal to guest posters. Add a link at the end of the post indicating something like this: “This is a guest post by (Name of the guest poster) who blogs or owns (Blog name or website name).
- Have a dedicated landing page for guest posting guidelines. Make sure you have a dedicated page which notes that your site allows guest posting. This mainly serves as your landing page and also ensure you add all the important information your guests needs such as how to start guest posting on your site, how to register, and what benefits they will get from guest posting on your site.
- Build a friendly relationship with your guest poster. Make friends with your guest posters, interact with them, and show them the support and attention they deserve. An excellent strategy to do this is through the medium of social media, follow them on Twitter, add or like them on Facebook and use other social networking sites. Using this strategy you will not only keep an intact relationship with your guest bloggers you will be gaining more.
- Employ the service of one. The most popular and used way to gain the guest post on your site is to employ a guest poster. Seek the contact of a quality blogger, you can use the Google search engines or enquire from fellow online friends. Send your topic with the requirements and guidelines attached to your email. Here you will have the option of employing a professional with valuable experience and you will be getting value for the money invested.
Guest posting is an important SEO procedure which can help you solve that your site low traffic problem. Start guest posting now either as the guest or the host it will surely help increase your online reputation.
Best and Quality Guest Blogging Sites List
Note: We will update our list time to time. if you any quality sites Please leave links in comment box.
ShoutMeLoud: Submit Guest Post
HubSpot: Read Submission guidelines
Daily Blog Tips: Read & Submission guidelines
HellBound Bloggers: Write For us